Saturday, December 6, 2014

{Prioritization}

How do you juggle the things you want to do vs. the things you have to do?  My "must" list seems to grow longer by the day, while my "want" list remains stagnant.

Photography began as a creative outlet during a difficult time in my family.  But it switched from a hobby to a passion seemingly overnight.  I would meander through nature with my camera in hand and escape the challenges I was facing.  It was therapeutic to say the least.  

Hibiscus
ISO 500 ~ 60mm ~ f/4.5 ~ 1/50 sec
© Corrie M. Avila

When I moved from Washington, D.C. to Florida, I worried I'd be lacking in things to photograph.  Little did I know that jobs would fall in line immediately to allow the pursuit and completion of other professional goals that had been on the back burner.  Sadly, now I am left without the time or the energy to spend with my passion and creative outlet.

Is one goal and dream better than the other?  I don't think so.  But until I can come up with the million dollar idea that combines all of my many passions, I will continue the daily struggle of balancing my wants and needs.

Capturing the Moment

Corrie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment