Sunday, July 27, 2014

Life Cycle of a Butterfly {Days 26 and 27}

I did not get as many photos as I would have liked of the Chrysalis process as most of it happened while I was away on my work trip.  However, I did get to watch the first butterfly emerge from her Chrysalis yesterday morning!  Yep, she's a girl!

First Butterfly Emerged from Chrysalis
ISO 500 ~ 60mm ~ f/8.0 ~ 1/50 sec
© Corrie M. Avila

Second Chrysalis Not Yet Ready
ISO 500 ~ 60mm ~ f/8.0 ~ 1/50 sec
© Corrie M. Avila

And I found the most wonderful surprise!  Moe made it!  Yes, definitely a happy ending to her story.  She is also a girl and was just released this morning.  Two girl butterflies and one chrysalis remains.

Moe!! Or should I say Molly :)
ISO 500 ~ 60mm ~ f/8.0 ~ 1/320 sec
© Corrie M. Avila

Molly Released
ISO 320 ~ 60mm ~ f/6.3 ~ 1/200 sec
© Corrie M. Avila

And all those eggs I saw outside, yes they all hatched!  I believe I counted 11 caterpillars at one point.  They are very large and should by ready to form their chrysalis soon.  I'm a little weary about leaving them outdoors, but the husband has had enough of the caterpillars indoors for now.  So here's a thought and a prayer wishing those little guys good luck!

Happily Chomping Away!
ISO 320 ~ 60mm ~ f/6.3 ~ 1/125 sec
© Traveling Hearts Photography

Capturing the Moment <3

Corrie

No comments:

Post a Comment