Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Life Cycle of a Butterfly {Day 16}

It took a little longer than expected, but we finally have a little metamorphosis action happening.  This little guy decided to find his perfect spot and then was busy making his silk button.  Shortly after this shot was taken, he went into a "J."  ISO is high on the photo as it was night time.

Monarch Preparing Silk Button
ISO 2000 ~ 60mm ~ f/2.8 ~ 1/160 sec
© Corrie M. Avila

I had to leave for a work trip shortly after this, so I left the care of Eenie, Miney and Moe to my "so not thrilled" husband.

He reported to me that by the end of Day 16, Eenie had formed his chrysalis.  By Day 17, Miney had also formed his chrysalis.  But sadly, by Day 18, I was informed that Moe was no longer with us :(

Apparently, when my husband brought the second milkweed inside (because they devoured the first one), a lizard hitched a ride.  It is our thought that the lizard decided Moe looked like a nice dinner.

So we are mourning the death of our beloved Moe...

Capturing the Moment,

Corrie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment