Sunday, July 13, 2014

Life Cycle of a Butterfly {Day 12}

Eating, Growing and Moving....

These guys are getting big, fast.

Second Instar
(along with a sneaky aphid)
ISO 400 ~ 60mm ~ f/4.0 ~ 1/60 sec
© Corrie M. Avila

Third or Fourth Instar
ISO 400 ~ 60mm ~ f/4.0 ~ 1/60 sec
© Corrie M. Avila

I wouldn't be surprised if the larger two caterpillars were looking for a safe place to transform by tomorrow or Tuesday.  They are getting big and eating everything in sight!  The smaller caterpillar (the one from the egg I found) seems to be about one instar behind the larger two.

Usually how I find them... 
upside down and eating to their hearts content
ISO 1000 ~ 60mm ~ f/4.0 ~ 1/60 sec
© Corrie M. Avila
(ISO was pumped up high.  It was raining outside and not a lot of window light to work with.)

G and I were out looking at the milkweed outside and found 5 new eggs!  Not sure if the husband will let me bring more indoors... I'll keep you updated :)

Capturing the Moment,

Corrie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment